I wanted to look strong and capable, but inside I was a mess. I didn’t know who to turn to
The team is working well but it needs to create more impact in the wider organisation
We want to create a culture that celebrates what every individual can contribute
I know I can do more but I just don’t see ‘people like me’ in senior roles. How can I break through?
The values are still very much words on a page. How can we bring them alive?
thought of the day
Let go of what drags you down. Find what nourishes you.
Setting some new intentions to take control of your life - simple steps
- Long-term absence may account for only 5% of absence episodes but these amount to over 40% of total working time lost1
- 12% of all sickness absence days in the UK can be attributed to mental health conditions2
- Work is validating, confidence boosting and helpful but employees returning after absence find it a very challenging time and often drop out without proper support
- Poor mental health costs employers between £33 billion and £42 billion a year, with an annual cost to the UK economy of between £74 billion and £99 billion3
- Promoting wellbeing at work through personalised information and support yields a financial return
- Line managers – and colleagues – play a crucial part in the health and mental wellbeing of their employees
- We can make a positive impact on improving mental health, support for physical health and neurodiversity at work
1 Working for a Healthier Tomorrow (2008) Dame Carol Black
2 ONS (2014) Full report: Sickness Absence on the Labour Market, February 2014
3 Thriving at work: The Stevenson/Farmer review of mental health and employers, October 2017
Hi I'm Alison
Hi and thanks for visiting my website, I hope you enjoy looking around.
I’ve been working in and around leadership development and change for over 25 years as an independent consultant and coach, and as a senior leader in business. One of the things I’ve learnt over the years is that the kind of environment we work in has an important impact on our health and wellbeing.
I work with leaders and their teams to unlock potential and create healthy and inclusive cultures where everyone can flourish.
Contact me if you’d like to know more or to have a complementary 30 minute coaching conversation.